Abpro offers a complete portfolio of custom polyclonal antibody services including peptide synthesis, antibody production, conjugation, purification, labeling, and characterization. Our team of industry leading scientists will work and communicate with you to create an optimized production schedule that will help maximize serum volume and antibody titers.
Abpro has experience in working with a variety of species including NZW Rabbits, Dutch Belted Rabbits, Horse, Cattle, Sheep, Nonhuman primates, Dog, Cat, Goat, Chicken, Guinea Pig, Mice, Rat, Hamster, Ferret and Pig.
Success Factors in Polyclonal Production
- Antigen Quality - The antigen should be of high quality, high purity, minimal homology to species used for antibody production, and be at least 15kDa in size (if <15kDa, conjugation to carrier protein recommended)
- Species Selection - Due to the highly variable response between animal models, proper species selection is important and success depends on minimizing homology.
- Application of antibodies – Knowing the intended type of immunoassay of the produced antibody will help in determining species selection, number of animals, and level of antibody purity needed.
Standard Project Protocol
73-day Protocol with ELISA screening
Phase I: Immunization
- A minimum of 2 rabbits are immunized. Antigens commonly are proteins, peptides*, bacteria, and haptens.
*Abpro offers peptide synthesis and conjugation services for an additional fee.
Phase II: Monitoring of Immune Response
Specific antibody screening via ELISA
- This step is strongly recommended to adjust the protocol as needed.
- Additional ELISA’s, performed later in the project, provide additional information that can determine which sera samples to include in your research and which bleeds to purify.
Phase III: Antigen-Specific Affinity Purification
- The antibody of interest is purified by positive selection and/or by negative affinity purification
Polyclonal Antibody – Deliverables
- 2 production bleeds (~20mL of serum yield per bleed per rabbit)
- 2 partial production bleeds (~15mL of serum yield per bleed per rabbit)
- 1 terminal bleed (~50mL of serum yield per rabbit)
Polyclonal Antibody Pricing
To request a quote, email email@example.com
- Post-Translational Modification Antibodies
- Peptide Synthesis
- Antibody Purification
- Roller bottle pilot project
We have significant experience in designing and producing modification state specific antibodies, including phospho and cleavage site-specific targets. We can also make antibodies to several others such as mutation specific, acetylated and methylated lysine as well as nitrosylated tyrosine. Contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
Our polyclonal antibody facility is AAALAC accredited, OLAW assured, and USDA licensed to ensure all proper care is taken and research animals are treated appropriately.
If you still have questions, contact us and one of our representatives will assist you.